Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Master of Science

Ok, so I haven't posted in quite sometime. I blame the craziness of this last semester. The other day I was talking to my internship supervisor and told her about how many hours I was working while doing school and her response was "How did you keep from going insane?" I have to admit, there was a few weeks this semester where I really thought I wasn't going to make it and was going crazy. There was one week where I was sick 4 days in a row with what I think was a migraine. It had to be stressed reduced. And then after those 4 days, the next couple weeks I'd miss work here and there because another migraine would come on. I seriously didn't know if I was going to make it through.

But I made it. Last Friday they called my name, I walked across the stage and shook the president's hand. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Granted, I still have quite a bit of internship hours I have to complete this summer before my degree can be conferred, but I'm done with classes. No more papers or tests or required readings. It's an amazing feeling!

My boss got me a graduation present. It was a very cute decoracted pillow with the verse Proverbs 3:5. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart"

If I think about what got me through these last two years, I know it was God. There were moments of doubt, but the more I struggled, the more purposeful I was in placing my trust in Him. I will always have to trust in Him no matter where I am on this journey of life. I made it through grad school with His help, and I know I can make it through whatever else I face in life because He will be there to lift me up and carry me.

1 Corinthians 10:13 tells me that He'll never let me be pushed past my limit. I really like the Message version of this verse:
No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.


I have to admit that even thought I know those words to be true and I know nothing is impossible for God, while going through my struggles (especially this last semester) it was hard for me to really comprehend this. I knew it, but somehow, that wasn't enough for me to let go of the anxiety and stress that I had. Looking back, I can see exactly where God helped me through. Kind of like those footprints in the sand. While we go through those trials, it can seem that we have no help because we are focusing on the issues we face and not on God. Only after we make it through can we look back and see where He was. It's amazing the kind of patience God has. I mean, I would be upset if I'm helping people out while they keep asking me why I'm not helping or where I am. But He keeps helping us even when we don't notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment